Wednesday 3 October 2012

Stardust


“You know when I said I knew little about love? That wasn’t true. I know a lot about love. I’ve seen it, centuries and centuries of it, and it was the only thing that made watching your world bearable. All those wars... pain, lies, hate... It made me want to turn away and never look down again. But when I see the way that mankind loves... You could search to the furthest reaches of the universe and never find anything more beautiful. So yes, I know that love is unconditional. But I also know that it can be unpredictable, unexpected, uncontrollable, unbearable and strangely easy to mistake for loathing, and... What I’m trying to say, Tristan is...I think I love you. Is this love, Tristan? I never imagined I'd know it for myself. My heart... It feels like my chest can barely contain it. Like it’s trying to escape because it doesn't belong to me any more. It belongs to you. And if you wanted it, I’d wish for nothing in exchange...no gifts. No goods. No demonstrations of devotion. Nothing but knowing you loved me too. Just your heart, in exchange for mine.”
- Yvaine, Stardust 

My favourite scene from my favourite film. I'm really in the mood to watch Stardust today, all curled up in cosy blankets to guard against the cold and get lots in the magical mystery of Stormhold...

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 3 October 2012 at 08:44 , Blogger Cate said...

Stardust - What a lovely movie!

 
At 3 October 2012 at 08:53 , Blogger AVY said...

How very romantic. Love that image.

/Avy

http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

 
At 3 October 2012 at 09:30 , Blogger lily white english rose said...

i love this movie its so magical :D fab post
www.thelilywhiteenglishrose.blgospot.com

 
At 5 October 2012 at 04:10 , Blogger Alice said...

I've got a lot of love for this film too, it always makes me happy xxx

 
At 5 October 2012 at 09:25 , Blogger Vanessa said...

I love Stardust, such a good film :) This post makes me want to watch it, especially as it's cold and rainy today x

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appreciate every single one, thank you for putting a smile on my face :) <3

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home