Friday 14 September 2012

Afternoon Tea

I had nothing planned at Uni today so, after a long lie in, multiple cups of tea and a few episodes of How I Met Your Mother, I decided to be slightly productive and do a little bit of baking in my new kitchen. After browsing multiple food websites for a suitable recipe, I finally decided upon this one from my ever-faithful friend, BBC Food. I bundled up in my scarf and coat and headed out to Tesco with my little shopping list, and after an hour or so of mixing/weighing/licking the bowls clean this was the finished result! I perhaps added a little too much cream, but if you're going to have some cake you might as well go all out, right?! We're already two slices down and it's only been out of the oven a couple of hours... I'm sorry, waistline, but this cake is too good to pass up!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 14 September 2012 at 11:39 , Blogger Hev said...

That cake looks yum! Sounds like a perfect day xx

 
At 14 September 2012 at 12:45 , Blogger Ellie said...

I sort of wish I hadn't made it now, as it's all I want to eat! Haha :) xxx

 
At 14 September 2012 at 14:39 , Blogger Sana said...

Your blog is adorable :-) That cake looks sooo good too x

 
At 14 September 2012 at 18:36 , Blogger Unknown said...

that's sooo yummy, i want some =D

 
At 15 September 2012 at 12:12 , Blogger Ellie said...

Thank you, lovely! :) xxx

 
At 15 September 2012 at 12:12 , Blogger Ellie said...

Haha, I'll save you some? ;) xxx

 
At 17 September 2012 at 12:42 , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, hope you don't think this is spam but I didn't know whether you had twitter or not so thought the best way to let you know would be via a comment. I love your blog so much I've nominated you for a Leibster Blog Award :) http://gladragsandthehandbags.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/leibster-blog-award.html

 
At 19 September 2012 at 07:35 , Blogger Ellie said...

Thank you so much! This made me smile a lot :) xxx

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appreciate every single one, thank you for putting a smile on my face :) <3

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home